Admission Open 5th Entry 2021 Class VIII Girls Cadet College Mardan
Girls Cadet College Mardan aims to provide multidimensional education to young cadets, grooming them into fine citizens of Pakistan with an aim to serve in leadership roles in a variety of professions including Armed Forces, for the achievement of our national developmental goals exclusively set forth by the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa regarding focus over girls education.
Admissions are granted in 8th class purely on merit basis on the cumulative results of written examination, an interview and a medical fitness test conducted by the college. Passing physical fitness and medical test is mandatory. A candidate should be between 12 and 14 years of age on 1st April of the year of admission.
- Parts of speech to include nouns, pronouns, adjectives, forms of verbs, adverbs, preposition, conjunction, articles and punctuation.
- Correct / rearrange / complete sentences.
- Meaning of words / idioms and their use in sentences.
- Correct spellings.
- Change sentence in to interrogative and negative forms.
- Antonyms / synonyms, singular and plural
- Essay writing / paragraph writing, letter / application or building a story from a given outline.
- Translation from Urdu into English and vice versa.
- Change of voice and narration.
- Comprehension skills.
b. Mathematics. Arithmetic, Algebra and Geometry questions from the following syllabus:-
- Set theory, union and intersection of sets, De Morgan’s law.
- Fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of common, compound and decimal fractions.
- Square root, square root of decimal and common fractions, approximate square roots and word problems.
- Ratio and proportion, direct and inverse proportion, problems on inheritance and partnership.
- Percentage, partnership, commission, profit and loss.
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of algebraic expressions in ascending and descending orders.
- Equations, solution, of equations in one variable.
- Area of square, rectangle and circle.
- Practical geometry, construction of triangle, rectangle, square, parallelogram, pentagon, hexagon, octagon and pie graph.
- IQ test questions.c. General Science. 7th class text book.d. URDU / Islamiyat 7th class text book.Pattern of Papers:
Pattern of papers shall be kept flexible. However, following guidelines are given for preparation:-
Objective part – 30 – 50 marks
Subjective part – 50 – 70 marks
CURRICULUM AND SYSTEM OF EDUCATION
The college follows the syllabus laid down by the Board of intermediate and Secondary Education Mardan. The mediumof instruction is English. The subjects taught in the college at Middle level are Urdu, English, Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies, Mathematics, General Science and Computer Science. At a later stage, the college shall offer pre-medical and pre-engineering courses for intermediate level. The Science Laboratory is equipped with latest apparatus. Monthly tests and terminal examination are planned and conducted at regular intervals. Cadets’ progress is assessed and a complete record of their academic performance and overall conduct is sent to their parents at the end of each term. A cadet failing twice in the same class is no longer retained in the college.
SPIRITUAL AND RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
Regular prayers, adherence to the Islamic code of life, honesty and truthfulness form the corner stone of religious motivation / grooming. Religious lessons are taught in the class rooms, morning assembly and through frequent pep talks and formal visits by recommended motivational speakers’ from all walks of life. Prayer rooms have been established to facilitate cadets for individual as well as congregational prayers and Dars of Quran and Hadith.
The Cadets are expected to exhibit the following character traits:-
- Emotional Balance
- Spiritual Depth and Insight
- Social Sensitivity
- Moral Courage
- Intellectual height
- Physical Agility
KEY FEATURES OF CURRICULUM
- Focus over “21st Century Learning Skills”
- Information technology integration in all subjects under study
- Research and project based learning
- Learner Centered’ teaching
- Consideration and acknowledgement of multiple intelligence
- Teaching for different learning styles ; ‘Differentiated Instruction’
- Rigorous assessment and feed back policy
- Close and personalized monitoring of behavior and soft skills coaching
- Integrated character education across the curriculum